Sunday, February 13, 2005

Again it has been quite awhile since I last posted anything. Since my last post I have been home and returned to Afghanistan. Being home was awesome, though entirely way too short. I didn't get to see half the people I wanted to, but everyone I did get a chance to spend some time with I truly enjoyed.

I was extremely happy to be able to be home over the holidays. I was able to spend Christmas with my immediate family (in-laws included) and New Years with my wife. I loved every minute of it. It has also given me an entirely different outlook on what the holidays really mean. For me the holidays had always been a time when I was anxious about trying to get the perfect gift for everyone on my list and trying to make sure I had enough money to do so. I was worried about all the little things surrounding the holidays: long lines, traffic, parking, etc. Any more I really don't care about any of those little things.

I really hope that everyone had a good holiday this year. My one wish is that everyone is able to just appreciate the things we have and the people in our lives. Take nothing for granted and live life to its fullest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home