Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Been a while

I wanted to throw up a post because I realize it has been quite some time since my last one. Since my last post there have been a lot of things happening. The best of which was the fact that I was able to go home for two weeks and be with my family and friends during the holiday season.

For someone in my position, being able to spend the holiday's with loved ones will never be taken for granted ever again. I have a lot of buddies that were not able to spend that time with their families or even call them on the special days. Most of the them were continuing on with missions, guard duty, or other routine crap that we all have to put up with over here.

To all those that I was able to see and spend some time with, I really appreciate the warm wishes and good times we were able to spend together. To those that I was unable to see while being home, I am extremely sorry that I was unable to do so. Two weeks really isn't a lot of time and I must say that the wife and family come first. And besides, we are going to have one hell of a party when I get back for good!

While I was home though, there were many things that were thrown into very sharp relief. I would go to the mall with my wife and I would over hear conversations about all the little worries in someone's life. I really think, as Americans, we have become too enthralled in the fact that we expect the world to revolve around us, that we loose perspective of what is truly important every day. I would hear parents yelling at kids, spouses arguing with each other over something stupid and simple. We should never get too wrapped up in what we are doing, going, or thinking to ever forget to say "I love you" to our spouses, children, parents, etc. There are so many things that can happen in life to take away the opportunity to say those things forever.

Basically my point it try to see the world as a whole and appreciate that sacrafices others are making to make sure you are living in one of, if not the greatest, nation on earth. People working minimum wage jobs to provide services for others and hoping only to have enough money to buy something for their children on Christmas.

Take care of each other and this can turn out to be a wonderful world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home