Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Is it just me?

Is it just me but since when did serving in the National Guard become disgraceful? Since John Kerry first came on the scene to run for President, he has never said one thing about the NG in a positive light.
Now there has always been a certain amount of hostility (but even that isn't the right word) that is always common place among the NG and active component soldiers. This is always done between soldiers though. For someone who is running for THE most important elected office in the country to say that it is not "really serving" is something else entirely. I understand he made those comments in a feeble attempt to attack the President in response to his own shortcomings and inconsistancies, but people come on. I don't really care what is said about the Presidents service because I know first hand the "forged documents" the Dems are bitching about can't be forged, no matter who your daddy is.
What I think is disgracful is how Kerry seems proud of his actions after he returned from Vietnam. I don't care how disenfrachised you become with the military or the government in general, as a soldier or sailor you NEVER stab you commrades in the back and make them look like shit. He pissed on every soldier, sailor and marine who served and died in that war, and now he expects them to "forgive and forget" and vote for his stupid ass. This is one serviceman who always remembers who has supported us from the beginning, and will always vote acordingly.
I always thought that the NG was a good thing to be a part of. I joined the NG with the intention of going to college and trying to serve my country at the same time. During those first two years I was able to get soldier of the year for my battalion and win a pair of national championships and serve my community in a time of need (a flood that threatened our city from the Mississippi). To this day I credit a lot of the success I have had in my life because of my association with the NG. I have met people from all walks of life and some of my best friends are in my unit.
So in closing let me say this. I for one don't think service in any component or branch of the military is better than any other. In today's world all branches and components have to be ready to be deployed anywhere in the world at anytime. I don't think this is bad and I don't hate my President for sending me here. Like I have said in the previous post, it was not our decision to come here in the first place. That decision was made for us on a clear Sept. morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home