Holy Cow
Yesterday I was able to take advantage of an opportunity to head to "the rear" and spend a few days a Bagram Air Field. For those of you familiar with my adventure so far, this is where I first entered the ass crack of the world and spent my first two weeks in country. Now I am back after 4 months of being in Jalalabad.
Never in my life will I ever complain about food, driving or company after being in this place. It never ceases to amaze me that even in the relative ease of living in Bagram people bitch about what they either have or don't have. Since I was here last, there has been a couple of major improvements to BAF (Bagram Air Field). They have added a lot of computers, a food court (with Tai and Italian foods) and a Burger King (which was freaking amazing yesterday). Yet people still bitch about the quality of food and environment. Now, I must amend my previous statement. The people who really bitch are ones that have never been anywhere else but here. They have also never "gone outside the wire" on any real missions. If I ever hear someone say that Bagram is a dangerous place (I should say anyone serving over here) I am liable to punch them in the face and call them a retard. This is the most secure place in Afghanistan. The likelihood of an effective attack here range between zero and none.
My soldiers and I have already overheard people dicussing all of these issues and it is all we can do not to laugh at them outright. Everyone of my guys has been proven under some of the worst conditions and have proven solid. Most of the people here are running for cover when a car back fires. Anyway, it just never ceases to amaze.
Other than that, my guys and I are living up our "vacation" to Bagram. It is so nice to actually see how nice some people have it and be able to experience it for just a couple of days. We head out again soon to drive another 5 hours back to Jalalabad.
In closing, thank you to all who have commented on this blogger and to anyone who reads this that hasn't, please feel free to comment whenever you want and say what is on your mind. I do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home