Friday, November 12, 2004

Thank you

I just wanted to post a thank you in light of Veterans Day yesterday.

As anyone who has visited this site knows, I come from a military family. I am not going to go into all of it again, but I do want to say a couple of things. First, I want to say thank you for all of the men and women who served before me. They laid the ground work for one of the most professional and well trained militaries in the world. They laid the ground work with their blood, tears, and sweat. That is a debt that will never be fully repaid by this country or the people who live in it.

Secondly, I want to say thank you to all the men and women who now serve with me. In our countries time of trouble, I am reassured with the knowledge that I am not alone in the fight. I have heard many people (before coming here) say that my generation is a generation that is all about the quick fix, the easy solution, what's in it for me. To that I say they are partly right. In my life I have known many people my own age that care nothing about anything outside themselves. In light of all that, as I look around my PRT I see young men my own age that are here because we chose to serve something greater than ourselves, our families, and our friends.

Third, I want to thank all those that will serve after my time has ended. I am encouraged by the younger generations that are coming up behind me. These are the children that lived with 9/11 from a child's perspective. These kids are going to remember exactly how it felt on that day. They will remember the images as a child remembers. I am very excited to see what direction this country takes in their hands.

Lastly, I want to thank all those that have supported me in my journey so far. There is no way I could have done many of the things I have done in my life without the support of my family and friends. They are a life line that I cherish and use everyday.

Be good to each other and remember, the little things make life fun, but the important things define it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home